evadam | Blog
class="page page-id-2090 page-template page-template-template_blog-php wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-3.6.12 vc_responsive"
baner

Blog

  • 21 April 2018

    After a short brake I am returning to 1/700 ships. You may find some pictures of two Polish ships – “Nurek” (Diver) and “Smok” (Dragon). They are assembled abd painted. I fixed the colours with a thin coat of gloss varnish. I must add the stairs on the tug, wash the surfaces and add the rigging.

  • Before I finished the pair “Pionier/Njord” I suddenly realized how strange this ship were. With the hudge bow, and the missing aft. But as I started to add the railings and the whole rigging the shape of the ship became even cute. Tommorow I am starting to finish three coasters from Westerbroek :)

  • I’ve got a strange feeling, the longer I am doing these projects the distance to the goal is longer and longer. Maybe that’s why I am posting the pictures so frequently to have the proof I am moving forward. Today I’ve finnished basic paintings and putting decals on all of my merchant ships. Some of the colours looks over saturated but after washing [...]

  • Yesterday I put basic colours on “Achilles” and “Pionier I”. Today for the firs time I put the dacal with the name of the port, which is a very special place for me. I wonder if anyone made a ship based in Gdynia in 1/700 scale. I placed the whole decal set on Achilles. So far I am very happy with the result. [...]

  • To speed up the modelling I’m going to work on five ships simulaneously. Three modern coasters are at the very first stage of the process, while Pionier/Njord they have base colours put on the body. Because of malfunction of my airbrush I was forced to put colours on Njord’s hull with a brush and than fix it with three thin coats of acrylic [...]

  • The last stage of work. After adding some washes from AK I covered the whole model with a coat of clear matt Humbrol varnish. Than I used my own hair to made the rigging. Fortunately I’m not bald or gray haired so I’ve got a lot of good stuff for the future As an ensign I used a small piece of polystyrene (0,18mm) [...]

  • Today I’m going to show the penultimate stage of modeling my “Leopold” tug. Now the ship is placed behind the glass like Golden Fish after it was brush painted with Vallejo acrylics and than airbrushed with gloss acrylic varnish. Model is made without any extra parts or upgrades. Decals are under a thin coat of varnish. Last stage will include aplying the set [...]

  • A tiny little project just for fun, and another journey to the world of my youth.

  • This afternoon I spent on preparing “Pionier I” and “Njord” for future painting. One of the most important elements for this models are the photo-etched parts over the bridges. By the way I placed the masts in their holes, and prepared the second tug, this time “Leopold” for painting. To be honest, my skills as far as photo-etched parts are concerned, are average, [...]

  • It seems this naval projects takes forever Next stage. Yesterday I shaped the steel elements and photo-etched stuff for Polish “Smok” (Dragon) and “Nurek” (Diver) ships. Last time I made a ship in 1/700scale was about two years ago, so I am a bit out of practice, but I believe my skills come back. Today both ships are going to be painted. [...]

NO MORE POSTS TO SHOW